What is Honda Sensing
Honda Sensing is made up of many safety features in order to help reduce the risk of collisions by correcting braking, steering, and warning the driver if needed. This is done by using a radar system and cameras positioned around the vehicle. There are many features that Honda Sensing Consists of that can be turned off and on to suit the driver's preferences. For this article we will be going over the Honda Sensing features the newly redesigned 2018 Honda Accord has to offer. Below is a list of the features and what each one does.
Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS):
Helps brake the vehicle when it senses an otherwise unavoidable collision with a vehicle detected in front of you
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS):
Corrects the steering of the vehicle if it begins to drift out of its lane when the turn signal is not on in order to keep you centered in the lane.
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC):
This is used to set your vehicle to maintain a certain speed while maintaining a safe distance between you and the vehicle in front of you. Therefore if the vehicle in front of you slows down your vehicle will automatically slow down too. Once the vehicle in front of you speeds up or moves out from in front of you your vehicle will accelerate back to the set speed.
Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
A small camera can see road markers, alert you if you're about to leave the road, and take action to help keep you from doing so such as steering wheel pulsating, steering torque to automatically steer back onto the road, and braking if necessary.
Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)
Uses a small camera to recognize and help notify you 0f speed limit signs with a visual icon.
How To Use Honda Sensing
How to use Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS):
• Press the safety support switch
• Roll the left selector wheel to the CMBS symbol and select it. A beep sounds and a message appears in the multi-information display. The CMBS indicator appears when the system is off.
How to use Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS)
• Press the main button on the right side of the steering wheel and you will see the LKAS appear on the multi-information screen. • Press the LKAS button on the right side of the steering wheel. Once pressed a dotted road outline will appear on the multi-information screen. That's it. LKAS is now on. When the road lines on the multi-information screen turn solid the system is activated. when the lines are outlined it is not activated because the vehicle is unable to pick up the road lines due to poor road conditions or inclement weather.
How to use Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC):
• Press the Main button on the right side of the steering wheel & the ACC indicator
will appear on the multi-information screen.
• Accelerate to the desired speed and then take your foot off of the pedal and press set.
• To adjust the speed just press the plus and minus buttons on the steering wheel.
• To adjust the following distance press the interval button. Pressing the interval button will cycle through the 4 following distances which are extra long, long, middle, and short.
That's it. (ACC) is now on. The vehicle is now on cruise while keeping a safe distance from the vehicles in front of you.
How to use Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
• Press the safety support switch
• Roll the left selector switch to the RDM symbol and push it.
That is all that has to be done. The road departure mitigation system is now on.
How to use Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)
Traffic Signal Recognition is always on so you don't need to do anything to turn it on or off. It reminds you of road sign information, such as the current speed limit, your vehicle has just passed through, showing it on the driver information interface and the head-up display.
In search of a new Honda or need your current Honda serviced?