2019 CR-V vs 2020 CR-V
Updated: Jul 29, 2021
The Honda CR-V went through some changes between the 2019 and 2020 model year. The most noticeable upgrade is the front end. The new bumper and grille on the 202o CR-V gives it a much bolder and upscale appearance compared to previous model years. Sitting in the driver seat you'll also notice the redesigned center console in the 2020 CR-V that is easier to use and provides more storage than previous CR-V's offered. Below is a list of upgrades from the 2019 CR-V to the 2020 CR-V.
The 2020 CR-V has Honda Sensing standard for the LX trim level. Honda sensing was not offered on the 2019 LX trim level. Honda sensing includes the following safety features:
• Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) (Honda Sensing® feature)
• Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM) (Honda Sensing® feature)
• Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow (Honda Sensing® feature)
• Forward Collision Warning (FCW) (Honda Sensing® feature)Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)* (Honda Sensing® feature)
• Lane Departure Warning (LDW) (Honda Sensing® feature)
The 2020 CR-V LX is also paired with the In-Line 4-Cylinder Turbocharged engine. Previous year models only offered this engine on EX trim levels and above. The upgraded engine offers more horsepower and better gas mileage.
• *City MPG increased from 25mpg to 27 MPG
• *Highway MPG increased from 31 MPG to 32 MPG
• *Combined MPG increased from 27 MPG to 29 MPG
• Horse Power increased from 184 to 190
The Touring trim level was also upgraded in a few areas. The 2020 CR-V Touring now comes with:
• A wireless phone charger
• Heated steering wheel standard.
• 19" rims compared to 18" rims that came on 2019 and earlier CR-V's
• All 2020 CR-V trim levels are now 2" longer than the previous model years.
• EX trim levels and above always came with fog lights but now they are equipped with upgraded LED fog lights.
• **HD radio is now also available on all EX and above trim levels. This wasn't offered at all on 2019 and earlier CR-V's
*Based on 2019 and 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.
**HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation.
In search of a new Honda or need your current Honda serviced?